Saturday 15 October 2011

Tofu Scramble

I just made the yummiest dish. And I was excited to take a pic and share it. I charged the battery and grabbed the camera. Someone took the battery out, put it in the camera and left the cover down...draining the battery yet again. I am going to hide the camera. I am tired of not having it when I want it.

Anyways onto this. I bought tofu at Zehrs a few weeks ago. Figure I better use it so I found a recipe and adapted it. I am good at that. LOL. It turned out really well. I loved it. My son ate it. The youngest daughter...nope. But she's a very picky eater. She complained right away about the smell. Its the spices I told her. I told her it tastes delicious but she still didn't like it. But she's still happy because were making sugar cookies. And the dough is in the fridge chillin. Got another hour and then we can make ghosts and pumpkin cookies for Halloween. Were going to decorate them tonight.

Tofu Scramble.
Use enough oil to cover the bottom of your frying pan. Cut up one green onion. Use the green stem part to. Dice one green pepper. And mince two cloves of garlic. Add to oil. Cook about 3-5 min until they soften. Add a TBSP soya sauce, dash of turmeric, dash of curry powder, dash of basil leaves. Mash one pkg of tofu. Add to pan. Stir to coat. Heat 4-5 min until heated thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment