Saturday 22 October 2011

Honey Baked Lentils

Ok this made a huge amount. I think next time I'll half it. It would be great for a potluck. I enjoyed it. It was good. Kids didn't. I don't see how they couldn't. Too bad for them. It reminds me of pork n beans in a can but way more healthier.

2 cups dry lentils
1 small bay leaf
2 cups water
2 (14.5 oz) chicken broth (I used homemade turkey stock)
2 tsp salt (I omitted)
1 tsp dry mustard (I used 2 tsp of mustard, didn't have any dry)
1/4 tsp ginger
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey

Place lentils, 2 cups water, chicken broth and salt together in large pot. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to medium low and allow lentils to simmer 30 min. Discard bay leaf. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir dry mustard, ginger, soy sauce, onion and 1 c water together in bowl. Stir the mixture into the lentils. Place in casserole dish.  Drizzle honey over it. Bake for one hour until the lentils are tender. I served with brown rice and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment