Friday 14 October 2011

Menus for November

I have already figured out the menu for the month of November. To menu plan you need to know what you have on hand. I took inventory of my cupboards, canned goods, and freezer. I don't plan for when the kids are gone and on Fridays we don't eat meat. It only took about 5 minutes to plan. After I was done my youngest rated the menu. She sure is a picky eater. Most of it got the thumbs down. Her brother told her she has to eat what she's served. He doesn't like roast beef but eats it. Besides he knows after roast beef is stir fry which he loves.
I love menu planning. Makes it easier to decide what to have for dinner. Makes grocery shopping easier. And I stick to the budget.

1 stir fry brown rice
3 chilli bread or buns
7 rice lentils cucumber salad
8 spagetti garlic bread
10 cabbage casserole macaroni salad
11 fish potatoes veggies macaroni salad
12 sausage sidekicks  veggies
13 ham scalloped potatoes veggies pie
14 quiche
15 meatloaf potatoes veggies
17 shake n bake rice veggies
21 chili bread or buns
22 kd hot dogs
24 turkey dinner ( American thanksgiving)
25 tuna casserole or salmon patties
26 turkey stir fry brown rice
27 roast beef roast potatoes veggies lettuce salad
28 turkey spagetti
29 turkey casserole veggies
Dec 1 stir fry brown rice

If I feel like it I make dessert. Breakfast is usually cereal, toast or bagel for the kids. Often on the weekend it's pancakes.  I usually have oatmeal, granola or an omelette. Lunches are sent to the school. Kids usually take some baked good, sandwich, juice box, water bottle, fruit, cut up veggies. I do have pudding and yogurt for them sometimes. Granola bars or nutrigrain bars sometimes. If I'm hungry at lunch I eat whatever. I bake almost every other day often muffins or breads with my sourdough. Sometimes I even make bread with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment